Where will Williams take you?
Anywhere you want to go, and maybe some places you couldn’t even dream of.
This visualization maps the areas of study and ultimate career paths of over 15,000 Williams alumni. The message is clear: You can study what you want and follow your passions in any career direction.
Our alumni lead fulfilling lives as scientists and scholars; executives and entertainers; artists and activists; judges and journalists; diplomats and doctors; politicians and professors. They succeed overwhelmingly in graduate schools, first jobs, and lifelong careers, and their impact on the world is astonishingly disproportionate to their numbers.
- Approximately 75% pursue a further degree within 5 years of leaving Williams
- Most frequently attended graduate programs: Harvard, Columbia, Yale; most frequently attended business, law, and medical schools: Harvard, Columbia, Penn
- Among the top 100 employers of Williams graduates: Amazon, Apple, ESPN, Google, Goldman Sachs, McKinsey & Co., Metropolitan Museum of Art, National Institutes of Health, New York Times Co., Peace Corps, Teach for America
- Among recent graduates were five Watson fellows, two Schwarzman, a Churchill, a Truman, a Gates Cambridge, five Goldwater, and more than 50 Fulbright Scholars
- Our alumni association is the oldest in the world, and among the strongest, most engaged, and most devoted; every year, nearly 60% of alumni give to the college