Because so few students choose to leave Williams prior to graduating, we have relatively few places available for transfer candidates. Please see the chart below for a four-year history of transfer applicants.
|Year of Entry at Williams||Number of Transfer Applications||Number of Transfer Admissions|
Transfer students must enroll at Williams for a minimum of two years. Students are not eligible for admission if they have already received a bachelor’s degree or if they have completed more than two years of full-time college coursework.
Transfer Application Timeline:
- Standardized Testing Deadline: March
- Application Deadline: April 1
- Admission Decision by: May 15
- Student Reply Date: June 1
Application Requirements for Transfer Applicants
- Common Application or Coalition Application
- A statement explaining your rationale for leaving your present college as well as your specific reasons for wishing to attend Williams
- SAT or ACT
- Final High School Transcript
- Transfer College Report
- Two College Instructor Recommendations
- College Transcript
- $65 Application Fee or Fee Waiver
If the application fee poses a financial hardship, a fee waiver can be requested on the Common Application or the Coalition Application. Fee waivers are also available for the CSS PROFILE by emailing email@example.com. Williams actively seeks the most exceptional candidates regardless of financial need; therefore, applying for a fee waiver will NOT disadvantage your application in any way.
Optional Application Material
- Williams Writing Supplement
- Scientific Research Abstracts
If you have pursued significant scientific or mathematics research and are considering a research or academic career, we welcome brief descriptions of your work. Materials can be submitted via your application or by email.
*Please note that Williams does NOT use interviews in our admission process. While we are happy to speak with rising high school seniors during the summer, these conversations are entirely non-evaluative and play NO role in our admission decisions.