Williams is 1 of about four-dozen colleges (out of 2,500) in the U.S. that practice need-blind admission for domestic applicants (including undocumented students and those with DACA status) and meet 100 percent of the demonstrated need of every admitted student, every year. Actually, we go beyond that—we seek out exceptional students from low-income backgrounds. We view financial aid as money well spent—an investment in our community.
Our financial aid program is one of the most generous in the country:
- Half of all Williams students receive financial aid from the college
- About 15 percent of them pay nothing to attend
- The average annual financial aid grant is $50,000
- While we’re need-aware for international applicants, nearly 60% of international students at Williams receive financial aid and their financial aid grants average $60,000 annually
- Books, lab and art supplies, and music lessons are FREE for all students receiving financial aid
- Campus events are subsidized for all students. Parties for free, movies are $1, and major concerts and events are less than $5—making the cost of living at Williams far lower than at almost any other campus
- Financial aid covers study-away and supports Winter Study and independent travel and research
- Our graduates have among the lowest loan-debt levels in the country. Spend two minutes with our quick cost estimator to find out how affordable Williams can be for you.
Want to visit Williams but aren’t sure you can afford to? Learn more about Windows on Williams.
Interested in applying but costs are adding up? Common Application and Coalition Application fee waivers are automatically granted with no questions asked and a fee waiver for the CSS PROFILE can be easily accessed by emailing [email protected].